True Alliance Center, Inc. is a Haitian led organization established to advocate for the Haitian Community, tackle all social issues affecting the community; also, providing services to the immigrants regardless their social status and academic background. We are dedicated to help our brothers and sisters make the transition into the United States. We will fight for the lesser so they won’t be disenfranchised. We will be their voice through advocacy.
- Educate TPS recipients regarding the New Extended provision allowing them a guaranteed lawful status until January 2 nd .2020.
See Ramos vs. Nielsen – Federal register: ALERT: On April 11, 2019, in Saget v. Trump, No. 18-cv-01599 (E.D.N.Y.), the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York also enjoined the termination of TPS for Haiti, pending a final decision on the merits of the case. The preliminary injunction in Ramos v. Nielsen remains in effect as well. Thus, as required by the orders in Saget and Ramos, the TPS designation for Haiti remains in effect pending further court order. Beneficiaries under the TPS designation for Haiti will maintain their status, but they must continue to meet all the individual requirements for TPS eligibility found in INA section 244(c) and 8 CFR 244, as well as in the instructions for Form I-821, Application for Temporary Protected Status. These requirements are also described on the USCIS TPS web page and on the Haiti TPS web page
- Strategize on raising necessary funds to meet the various needs of the community such as: Education and legal funds
- Develop partnership with lawyers for civil rights to offer workshop to Haitian small business enterprises.
- Establish a continuous campaign of educating the community on issues affecting their rights.
- Organize info sessions on Know your Rights, prevention from financial and Immigration scams.
- Provide interpretation assistance for English language learners and translation of foreign documents.
- Accompany applicants with serious medical issues to obtain Humanitarian relief to allowing them to lawfully remain in the U.S. to receive adequate treatment.
- Engage in the campaign of driver’s license for all MA residents as well as safe community acts campaign.
- Partnering with local community colleges to provide reduced tuition to TPS High School Graduates and to those that are not eligible for State and Financial aid.
- Expanding partnerships with local and National grassroots’ organizations.